My kids love mini muffins and I love how easy they make breakfast on school days. However, I think they are pricey and they are also full of preservatives. I finally decided I have purchased packaged mini muffins for the last time. My mini muffin recipe is so easy to make and you can add in the flavor your kids prefer. I have been making a batch of blueberry and a batch of chocolate chip. Once they have cooled you can simply place a few in a snack bag and freeze. I take them out of the freezer at bedtime and they are perfect in the mornings.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄8 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries or chocolate chips (or your favorite mix in)
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Whisk dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix wet ingredients in a bowl. Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir together. Do not over-mix, expect a few lumps.
- Stir in blueberries or chocolate chips (or your favorite mix in)
- Spoon batter into greased mini muffin tin and bake at 375 deg. F. for 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Yields 20 -24 muffins!
Contact Robyn at Robyn@theneighborhoodmoms.com
Latest posts by Robyn (see all)
- Spring Sprout Cupcakes - March 20, 2017
- 4 Ways to Spend your Tax Refund on Samsung Electronics at Walmart - February 20, 2017
- Give Kids a Smile: Fighting Tooth Decay - February 19, 2017