My family loves Halloween. We were planning to go to a Fall Festival today to look for some cool new decorations for our home but it was rained out so instead we made some ourselves! We collected some pincecones last weekend in anticipation of making something with them. I rummaged around in our craft supplies ato see what we could come up with. Our Pinecone Spider craft turned out so cute and they were very simple to make.
Pinecone Spider Craft
Small to medium sized pinecones
Brown pipe cleaners
Hot glue, glue gun
1. Begin by snipping out 8 legs for each spider. They can all be the same size, or you can vary them. It is completely up to you and will also depend on the size pinecone you are using.
2. Bend the end of each pipe cleaner to create “feet” that will help support the pinecone.
3. Add a dab of glue to the opposite end of the pipe cleaner and insert into the side of the pinecone. Hold in place until secure. Keep adding legs until you have 4 on each side.
4. You can now assemble the eyes of the spider. Add a dab of glue to the back of the googly eyes and press to the front of the pinecone. Add several because spiders typically have multiple eyes. For ours we chose 3, but you can add as many as you wish!
Just bend the pipe cleaner legs of your spider so they can stand. Display and enjoy!
My boys had so much fun making these and we are already thinking of what we can do for another Fall festive craft with pinecones.
Contact Robyn at Robyn@theneighborhoodmoms.com
Latest posts by Robyn (see all)
- Rubbermaid FreshWorks Containers Keep Produce Fresh Longer - October 20, 2017
- Leaf Rubbing Fairies Craft - October 3, 2017
- 6 Afternoon Must Haves for Mom - October 2, 2017