The weather around here has been crazy! Warm and beautiful one day, cold and wet the next. We are so excited that Spring starts today. Our Spring Sprout Cupcakes are a fun way to celebrate the first day of Spring.
What you Need:
1 box chocolate cake (plus required ingredients)
1 container chocolate frosting
1 package chocolate sandwich cookies
Green taffy (we prefer Airheads)
Mini terra-cotta clay pots which you can pick up 3 for $1 at Dollar Tree
- Prepare cupcakes as directed on box. Allow to completely cool.
- Place chocolate cookies in a large resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- Place one cupcake (still in the liner) inside of each pot, and then continue with the following steps.
- Spread a layer of chocolate frosting on each cupcake. Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top to create the appearance of dirt.
- Using kitchen scissors or a sharp knife, cut out leaves and sprouts from the taffy.
- Place a sprout in the center of each cupcake.
These turned out so cute! Unfortunately at my house, we couldn’t possibly wait to see what these sprouts would grow into.
Contact Robyn at Robyn@theneighborhoodmoms.com
Latest posts by Robyn (see all)
- Rubbermaid FreshWorks Containers Keep Produce Fresh Longer - October 20, 2017
- Leaf Rubbing Fairies Craft - October 3, 2017
- 6 Afternoon Must Haves for Mom - October 2, 2017