At my house we try to keep as cool as we can in the Summer which means I limit my baking as much as possible but sometimes we just need cake. I was so excited a couple years ago when I found a silicone bundt pan that I love! I started out simple with it by making my Microwave Monkey Bread and have since then moved on to cakes. One of my favorite cakes to make in the microwave is a Kentucky Butter Cake with Butter Sauce. It is a simple and delicious microwave cake recipe!
Kentucky Butter Cake - Microwave Cake
- Cake Ingredients
- 3 cups flour
- 2 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1 ⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk you can substitute regular milk in a pinch
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ tablespoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs
- Butter Sauce Ingredients
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ⁄3 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Grease and flour a 12-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl combine all cake ingredients; beat on low speed until moistened, then for another 3 minutes at medium speed. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Cook in microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- While cake is cooking make your butter sauce. Combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan, over low heats; cook until the butter melts, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil.
- When cake is finished cooking, remove from oven and pierce all over with a long thin straw; pour the sauce all over the warm cake. Leave in pan until cake has cooled and then flip onto serving platter.
What unusual things do you make in the microwave?