We live in Louisville, Ky. Around this time of the year, everyone around here gets pumped up for Derby season. The Kentucky Derby is the most famous horse racing event in the world. It’s also known as the “most exciting two minutes in sports.” If you’re from around here you know that we have parties and festivities for 2 weeks leading up to those quick 2 minutes. The kickoff to the Festival is Thunder Over Louisville, the largest Fireworks and combined Air Show in the United States! Which happens to have about 5 times the attendance as the actual Derby!
There are so many festivities and foods associated with the Festival and race, Mint Julep, Burgoo, etc. One of my favorites is Pegasus Pie. This recipe is SO easy to make, and you probably have just about everything already in your pantry! This version does not contain alcohol, we’re kid-friendly here!
You Will Need
1 Pie Crust
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup flour
tsp vanilla extract
1 stick melted butter
1 cup chopped walnuts
Take a pie crust and pour 1 cup of chocolate chips in the bottom. Mix the eggs, sugar, and flour together in a bowl.
Once mixed, add in the vanilla, butter, and walnuts.
NOT Derby Pie aka Pegasus Pie
- 1 Pie Crust
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350
- Take a pie crust and pour 1 cup of chocolate chips in the bottom.
- Mix the eggs, sugar and flour together in a bowl.
- Once mixed, add in the vanilla, butter, and walnuts.
- Pour on top of the chocolate chips in the pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
Email Michelle at email@example.com
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Popsicles - June 5, 2019
- The Jelly Bean Prayer Jar and Coloring Sheet Printable - March 20, 2019
- Fun Dr. Seuss Crafts for Dr. Seuss Day! - February 27, 2019