I admit, I am one of those crazy people who goes SQUEEE! as soon as Starbucks starts selling their Pumpkin Spice Lattes. I love all things pumpkin, I just can’t help it! Remember that scene from Forrest Gump when Bubba is talking about all the ways to make shrimp? That is SO me and pumpkin.. “I like pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cupcakes, pumpkin coffee cake…..” It’s just silly how much I love all the yummys!
This is one of my favorite seasonal coffee cakes. Look for other flavors later this year! It’s SO easy to make, you can throw it together in the morning, and serve alongside your favorite yummy latte and have a heavenly Fall morning!
You Will Need:
1 can pumpkin (not pie filling)
1/3 cup water
1 Tbls vanilla
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
4 Tbls butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 13×9 baking dish with a nonstick spray. Mix the water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice together until well combined. It doesn’t look very pretty, but you will start smelling the pumpkin, and it will be amazing.
Mix in the yellow cake mix and baking soda. It may be against the rules to taste this batter with the raw eggs, but, I won’t tell anyone if you do!
Spread evenly in the baking dish. In a small bowl, or huge mug like I have, mix the flour, brown sugar, and melted butter together. Spread the crumble mixture evenly on top of the batter. If you like LOTS of crumble, you could double this part.
Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Resist the urge to dig right in, let cool before slicing. Your kitchen will smell AMAZING!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake with Brown Sugar Crumble
- 1 can pumpkin not pie filling
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 Tbls vanilla
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 4 Tbls butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray a 13×9 baking dish with a nonstick spray.
- Mix the water, pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice together until well combined.
- Mix in the yellow cake mix and baking soda.
- Spread evenly in the baking dish.
For the Crumble
- In a small bowl, mix the flour, brown sugar, and melted butter together.
- Spread the crumble mixture evenly on top of the batter.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org
Latest posts by Michelle (see all)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Frozen Yogurt Popsicles - June 5, 2019
- The Jelly Bean Prayer Jar and Coloring Sheet Printable - March 20, 2019
- Fun Dr. Seuss Crafts for Dr. Seuss Day! - February 27, 2019